Happy Saint Nicklaus Day

I think that's how you spell it... I'm sorry to say that I don't remember much about the holiday itself - I'm sure I learned about it once a long time ago. But, it's a tradition that started in our family way back in our days in Deutschland. You put your shoe out on the night of December the fifth and only if you've been a good little girl or boy of course, Saint Nick comes and fills it with goodies.

So, of course, we have kept the tradition alive because we need all the excuses we can find to give the kids large amounts of chocolate and candy to consume during the Christmas season.

On a serious note: I was feeling especially grateful last night as I took a picture of all the empty shoes. This is our first year to put out five shoes...wow...............

Comments

annie said…
St. Nick must have found a sale on those Santas because that is the exact same one all of my girls got. My favorite picture is obviously the one of Gavin chowing down!