Think Happy Thoughts

Bedtime is a sweet time around our house. Not only is it a time when all these busy little people start to wind down and it looks like there might be hope for some quiet time in the house, it is also a time when I get to spend a few minutes alone with each one of them, who are so special to me. It usually goes something like this: we say prayers and then everyone goes to their own bed and waits for me to come tuck them in. I start with Trent, then Riley, Brant, read Lance a story while Ricky hangs out with Gavin, then I rock Gavin to sleep, and I'll stop there.

Tonight, when I went into Riley's room, we talked for a minute, I kissed her good-night and reminded her to think happy thoughts while she fell asleep. She responded, "I will..there are a lot to think about."

My sweet Riley, you're in my happy thoughts.

Comments

annie said…
Your post made me cry a little. We miss ya'll so much. But I know it is nice to not have the choas of bedtime that existed while we visited. But we also have alot of happy thoughts too. It is the 100th day of school today, kids get out early tomorrow and have no school on MOnday.