Riley's Birthday Surprise

Last Wednesday, Feb. 27, Riley turned 10. I knew several weeks ago that I wanted to decorate her room for her birthday. We've lived in this house for over a year and a half, so this project was way overdue. Ricky and I stayed up late the night before moving the big stuff and hanging lights and the curtain rod. Then during the day, Mimi and I set to work painting and decorating and everything came together perfectly. We couldn't have been more thrilled with the finished product. We think this is the perfect room for a girl who brings so much sunshine and happiness into our lives.

Here is what it looked like before:


and after:

I knew she wanted to leave her Hannah Montana poster so I put the title of her favorite song next to it on the wall.

I gathered these R's from various craft stores and Mimi and I painted them to coordinate with the colors in her comforter.

We were all so excited for the big "reveal." Some of Trent's little "girlfriends" in the neighborhood came over to share the excitement. You'll see them in the video. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and pause the music so you can hear the sound on the video. Take a look:

Comments

Ann said…
That was awesome, Lynne! The video was great. Happy Birthday, Riley!!

Ann Beck
annie said…
From Payton:
Really, life is what you make it. I like your room and I can not wait until we get to play in your room with you. I hope you get to write a letter to us and when you do, please make sure that you put a hug and kiss on there.
annie said…
From Taylor:
Riley, I hope you liked our birthday present that we gave you. I hope you love your room so much that you'd kiss the wall. My favorite part about your room is the bed with the R's and the curtains.
annie said…
From Hayden:
My favorite part of your room is the ball light. When I turn 16, I am going to have a room makeover for my birthday. And my sisters both are going to have one when they turn 17.
Andrea said…
Hey Benham family! I was cleaning out my email inbox and saw your email from eons ago and decided to take another peek. Glad I did! Riley-Happy Belated Birtday! We love your bedroom. What an awesome gift. Lynne, you did a great job. Gavin is absolutely adorable and I love the Got Lotion? It reminded me of Riley eating the Germ Ex when she was a baby. LOL! Also, love your songs will have to come back here often to check them out!
Andrea