A Celebration

Sunday at church, Trent attended his first Young Men's meeting and was ordained a Deacon by his Daddy. Over the past few weeks we have all been very excited for Trent to turn twelve. I wanted to do something extra special for him after church to show him and the other kids how important it was and to let all of them know that Ricky and I considered it a very special occasion. We decided to have a quiet family dinner, let Trent pick the menu, and eat on our China plates (which we had never done before with the kids).

So, Trent asked for steak. I was surprised how excited everyone was when I started getting out the China and the crystal glasses to wash them off. Riley, Brant and Lance were very careful with them while they helped me set the Dining Room table. Lance was especially excited about the glasses. He showed me how he was going to tap his glass on mine before he started drinking. I asked him why he wanted to do that. He said he didn't know but that was what you were supposed to do with "Mexican" glasses. All through dinner he kept calling the glasses "mexican." I'm not sure why but it could be that if the plates are China, then the glasses must be Mexican.

We had such a fun dinner that night. We will definitely have to do that more often. Since we were in the dining room, which is in the front of the house, when were just about finished eating, we saw some of our neighbors walk by. Well that was the end of dinner and the beginning of Sunday Night Walk Extravaganza. One of our favorite things about our neighborhood and I guess Utah in general is that when it gets warm, people start coming out of hibernation and start taking Sunday Night walks again. Love it...

Comments

Andrea said…
Hooray Trent! We are so happy for you. Lynne, I love that you always make these important times in your children's life special. You are such a great mom. Thanks for being such a good example too.