First Grade Field Trip

Wednesday the entire First Grade took a "Spring Field Trip" to Thanksgiving Point. We visited Farm Country and the Children's Discovery Gardens. The only problem was...IT WAS FREEZING!!!!! Unfortunately, there was nowhere that could accomodate 250 first graders and 39 adults inside, so we braved the cold...for four hours. I can honestly say...sorry Brant...that it was the worst field trip I've ever been on. And I've been on alot of field trips. But, obviously, the kids had fun. That's what is important, right? OK, sure.I took this picture while we were freezing our bu**s off on the hayride because - you see that building in the middle? The one that looks smaller than the rest, but it's not, it's just a little further away? Yeah - that's Ricky's office. His nice, warm office. You might even be able to see him...right there on the second floor, right hand corner...with a space heater under his desk warming his little toes. And a nice warm cup of hot chocolate on his desk. He should be out here, not me!

Comments

annie said…
I think I would have grabbed Brant, jumped off the hayride, and run for the hills. Having outdoor field trips when it is too cold or too hot should be against the law.