Happy Birthday, Mom!

Oh, to be able to write like my friend Samantha who posted a lovely birthday greeting to her own mother today.

If I could write like Sam I would paint a vivid picture in the minds of those who read this. A picture of a beautiful lady full of grace and wisdom. A lady who has enlightened the minds of her children and grandchildren through her own love of learning and books. A lady who is excited and amazed by the little things in life that most of us overlook and even take for granted. A lady who trusts everyone and thinks unkindly of no one. A lady who loves her family and forgives all. She connects on a personal level with each of her granchildren which is why it wasn't surprising that she chose to spend her birthday last Tuesday at the zoo with her two littlest admirers.


We chased these little guys around Hogle Zoo all day and she said it was her best birthday ever.




Here are just a few reasons why she is special to us:


Trent: "I like it how whenever I want to spend time with her we always do something fun."


Riley: "I think Mimi is special because her and I have a lot in common. We both like art and reading and also gardening. I drew a picture of me and her gardening when I was six, I think, and she had a slide show screen saver on her computer and she put the picture on there. I thought that was really nice of her."

Brant: "I think Mimi is special because whenever I want her to read me a story she does it. And I like it when she helps me read. And how she gives me books like "Pete's a Pizza" and "Bark, George" and "Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late.""

Lance: "She loves me and 'cause she's your mom, mom...duh!"


Gavin: "Mimi"




Love you so much, mom. Here's to many more............

Comments

Jim and Merry said…
Lynnie, thank you so much for this beautiful post! Now I have a way to remember my best birthday ever, and that I was able to spend it with you and my two littlest guys. Love you lots,
Mom
DeVries Family said…
Lynne,
Your mom is a beautiful woman! That was a sweet tribute to her! She sounds amazing (like mother, like daughter right?)
Andrea said…
Your mom is a great mom, and like your children said, a wonderful grandmother. I think it is so great that she spent her birthday at the zoo with your sweet children. What a fun birthday!