I *heart* John Parker Wilson

In case you didn't hear, yeah, turn up the sound. The Devil went down to Georgia on Saturday and took some names and "ran up in the bleachers and slapped they mommas." I'm just sayin'!
university of alabama quarterback john parker wilson scrambles

Yeah, I thought the music was fitting. Sorry it's not the real version but that one has a little more profanity in it than I really wanted blaring out of my computer's speakers.

So, anyway, we thoroughly enjoyed watching our Alabama Crimson Tide whoop Georgia Saturday night. I only got to see the second half (I thought I should probably go to the RS Broadcast), but that was good enough for me. My John Parker Wilson was at the top of his game leading the Tide to a 41-30 victory over the (formerly) number 3 Georgia Bulldogs.

Ok now, everyone knows that I've been crushing on J.P. Dub-ya for like three years now, ever since we started watching his little brother, Ross, on Two-a-Days on MTV. I know, I know, we don't watch it anymore since they stopped following the football team from Hoover High School in Birmingham. That's J.P.'s alma mater, by the way. But John Parker Wilson is just so AWESOME! I've started refering to him as my boyfriend and Ricky keeps reminding me that he's like half my age. (Actually more like two-thirds, but anyway...) Ricky obsesses over Alabama Football by reading every article, blogpost, and commentary about it. He even streams the Paul Finebaum radio show at work in the afternoons. I knew it was bad on Sunday when we were waiting for Sacrament Meeting to start and he hands me his cell phone (on which he can access the internet) so I could see that AL had just been moved up to number 2!! in the rankings. Yeah, Sacrament Meeting, I know!

So I told him he can obsess over the whole team, I'll just obsess over John Parker...YUM! He did tell me that he wants me to stop refering to our youngest child as "Gavin Parker Wilson"...I think it has a nice ring to it, though, don't you?

Comments

Roll Tide!!!!!! That game was dang good!!! I only got to see part of the first half because we were having Stanton's 7th b-day party, but caught most of the 2nd half. That game was extra special for us since we live in Georgia now and all these DAWG fans ran off with their tails tucked... Bama looks good, but I'm not sure how about obsessing over a college kid on the other side of the country... we'll keep you in our prayers (and Ricky too for that matter... come on... in Sacrament meeting?) .... I was almost that bad during the Tour de France... our Bishop is a cyclist too and we had "Tour Talk" during Priesthood meetings sometimes.
DeVries Family said…
You crack me up!!! I LOVE the "slapped they mammas" part! That is my favorite thing to tell Jake before a game now! He thinks it is funnier when Ricky says it, though. I think it's something with the accent...
We checked out the game, on your behalf, of course and it WAS a good one! I am not even close to convinced that you "watched" any of that game! You just barely figured out what your son's # is, do you know what his position is called? Come on Lynne, is JPW offence or defense? I sit with you at games lady, your not foolin anyone! You're just watchin football to see the hotties in their flattering gear and pants!!! I don't blame Ricky for getting a little paranoid...we all know what you're up to........;)
I'm HOPING this next Saturday Brandt and Jake will do some mamma slappin of their own...
Nutty Newburns said…
Hey did you get the
BREAKING NEWS.

The AP- Tuscaloosa reported
Authorities arrested Alabama's head coach Nick Saban
in the predawn hours Monday at his home in Tuscaloosa on animal
cruelty charges.

Saban age 56, was charged with 85 counts of animal cruelty in an alleged attack which occurred Saturday night Sept 27,2008 in Athens , Georgia .
Police said that as many as
92,138 witnesses saw Saban and a large group of violent young men under his control hit, kick,
crush ed and destroyed a large pack of mostly- docile bulldogs.

One officer was quoted
as saying, I haven't seen
bulldogs treated this badly since the Michael Vick case.

"I'm just sayin"
Nutty Newburns said…
Hey did you get the
BREAKING NEWS.

The AP- Tuscaloosa reported
Authorities arrested Alabama's head coach Nick Saban
in the predawn hours Monday at his home in Tuscaloosa on animal
cruelty charges.

Saban age 56, was charged with 85 counts of animal cruelty in an alleged attack which occurred Saturday night Sept 27,2008 in Athens , Georgia .
Police said that as many as
92,138 witnesses saw Saban and a large group of violent young men under his control hit, kick,
crush ed and destroyed a large pack of mostly- docile bulldogs.

One officer was quoted
as saying, I haven't seen
bulldogs treated this badly since the Michael Vick case.

"I'm just sayin"
annie said…
Back off JP! You know we watched, cheered, clapped, high-fived, etc. throughout the game. And we will be doing at all over again on Sat at 2:30 CST on CBS. Why don't you come watch the game with us?! You don't even have to bring anything. I'll make all the snacks and Bryan is sure to put on a good show with all his yelling, hat throwing, cheering, and carrying on. anfmynb
Lynne said…
Ha Ha Ha Ha, Annie. I thought you were trying to tell me something in code, you know like we used to do on the CKU message board? So I sat here going, "anfmynb, anfmynb..." Then I realized you probably just typed the word verification letters in the wrong place. We'd love to come watch the game at your place. If we leave this afternoon and drive straight through without stopping, we should probably make it by kickoff. We can't so that, though, because ID25AIHLFS. Love ya!
Laurie said…
I'd have thought you'd have signed that last comment with .......love Lynne Wilson

or have you not practiced that on the cover of your school notebook yet ;)
Ann said…
You know in some polls LSU is ranked 2nd and Bama 4th. Either way the SEC is tearing it up! Geaux Tigers and Roll Tide. Did you see BYU is ranked 9th. :)I love football season!
Whew!!! Last night turned out to be a tough game. Kentucky didn't want to give it up easily. A couple of beautiful long passes from JPW to the Jones kid were completed, but some crappy calls by the reffs made them null/void... any ways Roll Tide!!!!

Looks like the Cougers are having a pretty good season to. Alright BYU!