Chilipalooza

Chili-palooza...Sound yummy? It was. Last Saturday the folks on Winter Wheat Way came together for the 2nd Annual Chili Cook-off and Pumpkin Carving. Last year's chili winner, Megan Black took home the prize and bragging rights for this year's best corn bread. The Chili-King (a title I'm sure he will be proud of) this year is Matt Francis.

Before we dug into the chili, we dug into our pumpkins. These kids came up with some real beauties. Notice Brant, fourth from left, in this picture. It is the only one I have of him from the whole night. After just a few shots, my camera battery died so most of these pictures were taken by Kliss. But, here's proof he was there and he did carve a pumpkin. Poor middle child.
The Francises were kind enough to let the mess-making commence on their driveway.Here is Lance's finished product. I think the shirt says it all. Savannah B. and Jonah B. had help from dad with their masterpieces. Check out the "puking pumpkin" next to Jonah. Here are Riley and Trent with their jack-o-lanterns.

Gavin gets a hand from Jack.

And Riley enjoys a sweet treat.Thanks for another great party, neighbors. Feeling so blessed to know you.

Comments

Megan said…
It was really fun. Thanks to all you cool people up the street for planning it and sending out the invites. Now you have seen all my "tricks" so next year I guess I can bring the water!
Laurie said…
I vote Riley as the best cupcaker! Hers went the fastest!
Sherian said…
It was sure fun to have Brant the other night. I have always loved that boy! I really do pray that he and Lexi are friends well into their teenage years. They are so cute to watch! I've always wanted a boy so bad...I guess he reminds me of what I imagined my son would have been like.
I laughed so hard at the Church burning story. I didn't know it was you. My favorite was throwing the cookie ingredients in your purse to remove any suspicion of wrong doing. So, why in the world do they put those kitchens in and we cannot ever cook in there? That doesn't make sense to me!