No Sugar High Here

Lance was in heaven this year going door to door collecting as much candy as he could. He is like most kids and will eat as much candy as he is allowed to. But when all the porch lights were out and his bag was so full it dragged on the ground, I hoisted him onto my back and carried him up the hill he said he was too tired to climb. When we got home, he quickly dumped out his candy on the stairs and selected his favorite treat of the night: a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos. He chose them from the tray of chips left on the Halvas' doorstep. He stole Gavin's, then managed to talk Riley out of hers. This was a boy with a plan. Here is a shot of his post-trick or treating bliss complete with the disapproving look I got when he realized I was taking his picture.

For the rest of these, I rested my camera on my arm while I sat and talked to him, all the while snapping these cuties:

I wish everyone could sit and talk to Lance like I get to everyday. He is a thinker. Here's one from just the other day:

Lance: I know why the Golden Plates are special.

Me: Why?

Lance:Because people in Heaven use them to eat on.

Comments

annie said…
Those pictures have me cracking up. He eats chips just like you. He is looking in the bag inspecting each chip and looking for the perfect one. Then he throws his head back to drop them. He has mastered your technique. I bet that is just what you look like when you eat chips in your power ranger costume.
Laurie said…
This boy kills me! Thank you Lynne for putting in the 9 months to get him here so our world could be a little brighter a little funnier. :)