Terrific Two

Gavin was our second February birthday. He turned two on the 12th. I know, I know - that was a month and a half ago, but just go with me on this.

We had a fun little family party for him. When you have as many people as we do, really every night's a party. This night was special, though, because there was chocolate chip cookie cake and balloons and presents and Gavin's best buddy Jack "Debo" Harrell came to celebrate with us. Jack is actually Trent's friend, but Gavin thinks he belongs solely to him.

Gavin's favorite present was this sweet car sent to him by Aunt Annie and his Emmertson cousins. It is the perfect size for him to carry. I snapped these pics of him the day after his birthday when he went to try the car out in the snow.


A funny story about the next picture. While Gavin headed outside, I ran back in to get my camera. I came back out to find him already two houses away walking down the side walk. I just decided to follow him to see where he was headed. He walked straight to Jack's house and knocked on the window by the door calling, "Debo! Debo! Pay?" He wanted his Jack to come out and play with him. Jack was still at school and the only one home was the dog.




Then Daddy came out to play...
"Hey, Gavin! I'm making a snowball for you to throw at mom, OK?"



Here are a few things that we love and a few things we tolerate about our Gavin James. We love that he is learning new words everyday. Trent especially loves teaching him words that 12-year-olds think are funny to hear 2-year-olds say. We love that he says "Thanks" when we say "I love you." We love how he whispers gibberish in our ears and we have no idea what he said but we act very impressed and he whispers some more. We love his hairy back. Seriously, this boy is hairy! I had to shave his neck the last time I gave him a haircut. We tolerate the shrieking and the food throwing. We are working on those. We love that he sleeps all night in his own bed and usually wakes up in a cheerful mood. We are still tolerating the snowboot obsession and we know he cannot be let out of our sight for any reason because he WILL find a way out of the house. We love that he LOVES the snow. He frequently asks, "I pay hnow?" (translated: "I play snow?") As our only child born in Utah, Gavin prefers cold weather and will NOT eat grits. The other kids are concerned that soon he will want to wear socks with his sandals and dip everything in ranch dressing. We are also working on the stereotyping.

Comments

Scrappinwendi said…
Casey was looking at the photos of Gavin is wondering why he is throwing a snow ball at him. LOL! Happy belated bday Gavin!ri
Doney Days said…
He sounds so much like my Gavin. Mine throws food and yells. It must be the name. What a cutie!!
Kara and Theo said…
What a cute little boy! It makes me want to try again in the hopes that I will have a boy...then again, maybe not! =D That chocolate chip cookie cake sounds delicious, can I hit you up for the recipe?