We take the bad with the good...

I made eggs for breakfast this morning.

Scrambled eggs.

They must have been delicious because Brant and Lance had two helpings each. And then some yogurt on the side. When they were finished eating, I asked Brant to keep an eye on Gavin while I went to take a quick shower. About 1/2 a second into my shower, Lance runs into the bathroom to tell me that Gavin has taken off his diaper. I wash faster. He returns with the news that Gavin has just...ummm...pooped on the floor in Brant's room. Wash faster. Brant enters making a delightful gagging sound because he has just stepped in the poo. Brant runs TOWARDS the potty but doesn't quite make it before he loses that double helping of eggs on my bathroom floor. I'm almost finished with my shower when Lance runs back in to see what all the fuss is about, seeing the poop on the foot and the eggs on the floor he runs into my closet and tosses HIS double helping of eggs all over the basket of clean clothes waiting to be hung.

Moments later Gavin enters the bathroom - naked. Brant says, "This is all your fault!"

Gavin replies..."Yeah."

The mess has been cleaned up.

I open my e-mail to find a note from my sweet and always in-tune husband. Not knowing about the events of the morning, he just wanted to let me know that he has scored a sweet deal and reserved us a night at this heavenly place during our Alabama vacation this summer.

Just the two of us.

I. Can't. Wait...

Comments

Kelli said…
Lynn! Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!! I hate days like that, it just seems like nothing goes quite right.

I hope your day gets much better!!!
Megan said…
Seriously!?! I don't know if there is anything more disgusting than the thought of thrown-up eggs! I think you need a little R&R before you go to Alabama...like maybe tonight or this weekend.
Scrappinwendi said…
Girl I totally feel for you! Remind me to tell you about Chris and the cat poop and him vomitting all over the place.
As for your little vacation....I AM TOTALLY JEALOUS!! Can I fit in your suitcase?LOL
R Ericksen said…
LOL! I'm sorry I had to laugh when Brant said,"This is all your fault!" and I can just picture cute little Gavin innocently saying "Yea so what?" So funny. At least you WILL definitely have a nice retreat with just the 2 of you. When are you going to Alabama?