Comforts of Sunday

Every day that we spend here in Alabama makes me feel more and more appreciative of the blessing we have of being here right now. I am so thankful for all of the special people in our lives that mean so much to our family. It was nice to go to church again today in the Mobile Ward and be surrounded by many of these families that we have known for a long long time.

After church, the kids trashed, I mean played, upstairs while Annie and I spent the afternoon preparing lots and lots of food. Here is a picture of Brant that I found on my camera tonight. I think it was taken by Riley.
We had planned for our Grandma Jeannie to come over for a super-special 89th Birthday celebration, but she has pink eye so Annie and I brought dinner to her. We got to see our Uncle Jon while we were there. When we returned home, the missionaries were waiting with Bryan and the kids. A few minutes later my brother, Jake, his girl friend, Misty, and her little boy arrived and we served dinner to all of them. It was crazy and loud and so much fun. When everyone left and things calmed down, Annie and I left to bring treats to the Singletons. We stayed there for a while visiting with Kim and Shawna. I love that family. They are seriously good people who love the Lord and the people around them.

To end this fun day, Payton decided she wanted to sleep on the floor. Believe it or not, Annie actually has enough beds for everyone. After prayers Gavin crawled under the blanket with Payton and I left to go tuck the others in thinking he would follow me when I turned out the light. He didn't, and a few minutes later I returned to this sweet sight.

In news from the other side of the country: Ricky banged his thumb up pretty good yesterday while taking the seat out of his Jeep. I guess it looked pretty bad because today Kymber and Josh convinced him to find the smallest drill bit he had and drill a hole in the base of his thumbnail to drain the blood and relieve the pressure. Yikes! He did what they suggested and said it provided immediate relief from the pain. Thanks, guys. Also, my sweet friend Kliss across the street had him over for dinner tonight. He said he had a great time visiting with the Francises and dinner was delicious. Thanks, Kliss!

Comments