A Picture A Day...

I have vowed to a few people that I would put a picture (or more) a day on my blog while we are on our little vacation. So here goes...

The pictures on the previous post are from Friday and Saturday. This one is from Sunday...

This is of course me and my sister Annie. Annie - my BFF, the person in whom I confide. She laughs at my jokes, makes me laugh 'til I almost pee, loves my children like her own, talks to me on the phone everyday even if she's super-busy, gives me sound advice, says what I'm thinking, and misses me as much as I miss her. Until 3 1/2 years ago, we saw eachother everyday. Now we have to settle for visits. I don't really know why we can't live around eachother right now. I guess it's not part of the plan. Sometimes I miss her so much it hurts, but how cool is it that we get to spend half the summer together? She has brought her sweet girls to Utah for a long trip for the past two summers. Now we get to be here. Our kids love eachother like siblings and it makes us so happy to see them together. 

About the picture: Saturday night after Sonny's we went to Target to get some things for the beach. Well, we came out with matching dresses. I guess we'll never grow up. We thought eachother was kidding when we said we were going to wear them on the same day, but Sunday morning we said, "What the heck?" and there you have it. I figure I'll never regret doing something silly with my sister, I will only regret not doing it.

One of my favorite things about being with Annie is that we think we are so funny. I could write a book filled with things that we think are funny but probably nobody else would. Anyone else with sisters know what I'm talking about? So, besides a picture a day, I'm giving you a funny quote of the day. This is pretty much just for us, because when we go back to Utah and I reread these quotes, I'll be laughing and crying. I'm wierd like that.

So, Annie these are for you...and me:
"Do you think that guy knows he just said he's gay?"

If you want to know the story behind any of these quotes, just ask. I hope you think it's as funny as we do.

Comments

Scrappinwendi said…
Now I can say that I miss BOTH of you. I hope you are enjoying Alabama we are very envious. I know how you feel when you say it hurts when you think of her there and you here. I have to stop myself from thinking about AL or I feel the same way. It physically hurts. Well enough of my pity party. Have a great time and hug Annie, Hayden, Peyton, Taylor and Brian for us.
annie said…
I would post a funny response but you are here so I will just tell you what I think.
P.S. Can you say "pulled pork" ten times really fast?
violyn said…
You guys are great! It reminds me of the realationship I have with my sister. We went to Europe 4 yrs ago together and came back with our abs fit and firm from laughing soo hard! Remind me to tell you about our "Rutabega" story. It actually happened in Hidelburg. Have a great time.
Parkes Family said…
I know what you are talking about!! with the sister thing :)and is nice to have you all here for the summer!!....and I think alots of you two jokes are funny :)