Halloween by the Numbers...

52... degrees Fahrenheit Halloween afternoon when the party started...perfect!

82... number of people we counted at our Halloween Street Party...

12... number of delicious pots of soup brought to be consumed by those 82 people

20... number of $$ I spent on 20 bags of assorted miniature candy bars when I happened on a sweet sale at Albertson's on Saturday morning. They had marked all of their candy down to $1 per bag!

2... number of Halloween Cupcakes Lance ate before he decided he'd had enough

3... number of 13-year-olds it takes to transform a house that is otherwise warm and inviting to little trick-or-treaters into a psycho-freaky-dark-scary place that had small children running away in fear. Seriously!


5... approximate number of minutes it took the 13-year-olds to make said transformation after mom, dad, and Mimi left to take little brothers trick-or-treating


6... number of cute 6th graders that go around being crazy and fun and sweet everyday, especially on Halloween (Tregan was still getting all spookied up when I took this picture...sorry!)
2... number of days before Halloween that Riley got her braces on.


6... number of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups that our sweet neighbor "Auntie Kimmie" fished out of her bowl for Riley, whose mouth is still a little sore.


5... number of times Riley changed her mind about what she wanted to be for Halloween

2... number of pictures I got of this guy on Halloween. He is too fast and not interested in waiting around for pictures1... number of Kinder Eggs Brant got on his trick-or-treating extravaganza. He, his buddies and a super-cool dad went ALL OVER the place and {really} someone gave out Kinder Eggs. How cool is that?

4... number of Alabama A's that Lance wanted Mimi to paint on his face

16... number of houses Lance hit trick-or-treating by himself before we finally caught up with him. He took off while we were getting Gavin ready. At first I thought he was with his buddy, Zack, but we decided to drive around and look for him anyway. We found him in front of our Bishop's house, alone, happily looking through his candy bag. When we found him he said to my mom, "Hey Mimi, you wanna go trick-or-treating with me?" She was like...."Um yeah, actually I do!" It was still light outside and we know all of our neighbors, but still...he is a funny boy.

2... my absolute favorite...FAVORITE trick-or-treating age.
1... number of extra hours these kids got to enjoy the after trick-or-treating party, thanks to Daylight Savings. (Yes, that is the Tennessee game on TV.)

Comments

Min said…
I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT ALL! I love that the teenagers transformed the house into a haunt. I love that Kymber found reese's for Riley and her sore mouth. I love how ADORABLE Riley is, EVEN with braces! I love that you had a rockin' Winter Wheat Halloween potluck. I LOVE that your little Lance could trick or treat a block and a half away, and you didn't have to worry because you live in the 6th ward, where "everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came". I love it. ANd love you! - Mindy
Jim and Merry said…
Thanks, Lynnie, for posting a reminder of just how awesome Halloween was this year, and how lucky I am that I got to be a part of it! Yea grandparenthood!!!
Ann said…
Thanks for sharing! Randy and I went to New Orleans for halloween. Of course the old folks were in by ten...lol. By the way, what is a kinder egg??
Scrappinwendi said…
Please thank Trent for Casey's and Allie's nightmares that they had Halloween night because of his "fright fest" LOL! I loved Halloween in the "hills" it was quite impressive...can't wait till next year : )
DeVries Family said…
Allie only cried for 2 days...Casey on the other hand, tell Trent he owes Wendi for the case of pull-ups & the night lights they had to RE-invest in!!!

Just teasin!!! It wasn't THAT scary! I think they SECRETLY loved it! Lance's participation made it all worth it for Allie! She thinks he's "full of FUNNY"