All in a day's work...

On this busy Friday... to start with, I had a little showdown with our recycle can at the end of the driveway. So far the score is ME:0, RECYCLE CAN:1...

Then, Kymber and I hopped on over to Vista Heights to sign something for Riley. I wanted to take her picture when the office lady called her out of class. She told me she didn't really want to be my Picture of the Day. What? Score...ME:1, RILEY:0 Sorry, Riley. You just look so cute in your Vista Heights spirit shirt.
While we were there, Gavin locked himself in the bathroom stall. He had to climb under. Score...BATHROOM DOOR:1, GAVIN:0.
Afterwards, I dropped Kymber off at her house. We chit-chatted while sitting in the driveway for a while. We have a lot to talk about. Gavin got bored, grabbed my camera out of my bag, and started taking pictures. I'm definitely the winner here. I love hanging out with Kymber. She's my sister from another mister.
Today is the last day of the semester for my school kids. While I was making Friday Fun treat later in the day, Trent texted me on his way home from school: "Hay mom i brought my english grade 2 an A". That A joins six other As to give him As in every class but one. The grade in THAT class was the subject of a very pointed e-mail from Trent to his teacher (and copied to his principal) the night before. It seems that after school on the last day of class, after the teacher had told the students he would not take any more make-up work, he entered 3 missing assignments into Skyward that Trent had not completed while we were in Alabama. These assignments were two weeks old. (School policy is that teachers update Skyward weekly.) This teacher had signed to excuse the two class days Trent missed and had said nothing about these assignments. Trent's grade had been lowered a whole letter grade and he was pretty disappointed about it. So Trent e-mailed his teacher to see what he could do to make up these assignments before grades were posted. Teacher only teaches at Westlake on "B" days so he wasn't in school on Friday and he didn't e-mail Trent back. So when he got home from school, he and I went back to Westlake to chat with the principal about the problem. Can I just say that I LOVE the administration at Westlake? Every dealing we have had with them has been completely positive. They are clearly interested in making sure that every student in the school succeeds. So we sat down with Principal and began to tell him our problem. He held up a printed copy of Trent's e-mail, commended him on such a well-written, to the point note, and assured Trent that he is "dealing with" the problem. He told Trent not to worry about his grade in that class over the weekend and that by next week things would be taken care of. Score... TRENT:1. We don't really care who the loser is. I am so proud of Trent. I think his good grades and pleasant demeanor gave him credibility with the principal in this situation and I think he rocks. (Trent AND the Principal)

Comments

Kara and Theo said…
Lynne, I've been following your blog since you and Annie started the whole one picture a day thing, and I'm glad I did! I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of Gavin! That is too funny, and completely disgusting at the same time. =) Also I'm loving the Alabama shirts on the other posting. Roll Tide!!! =)