"Where's My Monster Truck?"

Moving our entire operation South for the holidays was not an easy logistical task. I figured out early-on that the best way to pack would be to use storage bins. We have enough room for three bins behind the way-back seat in the car and another four bins attached to the rack on the back. Ghetto, I know. But, you have to do what you have to do. At least it gave the people we passed on the interstate something to stare at. Before we left to come home I washed all of the clothes and packed them neatly, ready to be returned to their respective owner's dressers upon our return. Other bins held Christmas presents and other essentials.

As I mentioned in my previous post, we rolled in here early on Tuesday morning. We slept for a few hours and everyone was back to school and work (on time I might add) a few hours later. The bins were brought inside, ready to be unpacked. I had happy visions of everything being unpacked by lunchtime, but I had a PTA Board meeting that morning, a kitchen and refrigerator that needed to be re-stocked, a new piano student starting that afternoon, and a car to clean out.

Well, Gavin got this little hot-wheels-sized monster truck for Christmas that he REALLY wanted to play with. He repeatedly asked me where it was and I told him it was in a bin. He told me he was going to go find it. I wasn't too worried. Those bins were really heavy. I learned to never underestimate the power of a three-year-old in search of a monster truck...

Comments

annie said…
Please tell me you are kidding. Good thing he is so cute. BTW did he find the truck?