7-28-11

Harvest Hills 6th Ward Youth Conference 2011

In our Stake we alternate Stake and Ward Youth Conferences every summer. Last year was our Stake Pioneer Trek so this year we get to have Youth Conference as a ward. I don't have a ward calling with the youth, but a few weeks ago Bro. Hite asked me if I would be willing to plan the meals and cook at Youth Conference. I was super-excited and have been spending the last couple of weeks planning and shopping. Our 14-18 year-old group is small, compared to our Deacons, Beehives, and Primary. Knowing that this would be the last year that our ward had a Youth Conference with only 20 or so youth, I wanted to do my part to make their experience special. Since our ward covers such a tiny little area (98 houses in all), the teenagers are a tight-knit little group. I knew that spending a few days in a mountain cabin with these kids that I love very much was going to be a pretty special thing. Add to that the fact that their leaders are amazing and fun, and we had ourselves a recipe for a serious good time. I had planned to take a few pictures of the food piled high in my dining room and refrigerator, but honestly, I have been really busy and I didn't take the time.

We started this morning with a devotional and breakfast at the church, then rock climbing in Rock Canyon behind the Provo Temple...

After delivering sack lunches, Jilynn Grimley and I headed up to their cabin in Heber to unload the rest of the food and get started on dinner. We met up with everyone in Park City where we all rode the Alpine Slide...
Dinner was Navajo Tacos followed by a fireside. We stayed up late playing games and munching on brownie sundaes, and laughing. Alot. Is it bad that the youth are having fun, but the leaders are having more?

Comments