8-14-11

"...Sunday chicken after church..."

"So I go back to the pew, preacher, and a choir
Singin bout God, brimstone, and fire
And the smell of Sunday chicken after church"

This Kenny Chesney song has been in my head lately, so we had Sunday chicken after church. It really is called Sunday Chicken. It's Ricky's Mom's recipe and we literally had it every Sunday while we dated, after we got married, and until they moved across the Bay when Riley was a baby. Now I get to make it for my kids.

A few more lyrics from this song that's gotten me feelin' a little melancholy lately. I think it's school starting soon and the kids growing up so fast that I can't stop it, and REALLY wishing that time would stop right in it's tracks... (ignore the alcohol reference, please)...

"I go back to the smell of an old gym floor,
The taste of salt on the Carolina shore
After graduation and drinkin goodbye to friends.
And I go back to watchin summer fade to fall
Growin up too fast and I do recall
Wishin time would stop right in it's tracks.
Everytime I hear that song, I go back."
-"I Go Back", Kenny, the Man

Comments