1-1-12

{A not-so-happy New Year}

These boys are tired. They were still going strong at 1am after the party died down and it was time to go to bed. Add to that our new 9 o'clock church time and we have a serious case of the grumps. Neither one wanted to eat anything for breakfast, so what's a mom to do? Pour them each a little cup of Dr. Pepper, of course! It perked them up enough to get through church, then then we all lazed around for the rest of the day.

Well, I did it. I took and blogged a (or a few) picture(s) a day for every day in 2011. And I am really happy about it. 90% of the pictures were taken with mine, Ricky, or Trent's phones. They won't win any awards for photography but they are important to us and they tell a story of a year that left us incredibly thankful for the life that is ours. This is why I will continue to take a picture every day for as long as it works for me. Time is moving quickly. I can see amazing changes in our family over the past year just by scrolling through the blog. This year more changes will take place. In three short years we will be preparing to send our firstborn into the mission field. The others will experience equally significant changes as time moves on. We want to savor and appreciate every second of time that we have been given on this Earth. As I document our every day experiences through pictures, it is my hope that this history will serve as a reminder to us that we have been abundantly blessed in the comforts of life, our relationships with each other and others, and opportunities for growth...

Comments