2-5-12

{"Jimmy T" takes a nap}

Ricky snuck in a little snoozer this afternoon before his home teaching appointment. He got that snazzy apron for Christmas. So here's the story behind the monogram: I sew aprons, but they are mostly girly and every time Ricky grills or cooks he wears a girly apron and tells me he really wants me to make him a manly one. I planned to make him one for Christmas (I even got some sweet houndstooth fabric at Hobby Lobby) but while Christmas shopping at the DownEast outlet I found this one. It was from Pottery Barn, denim, and only cost $1.75 because of the monogram. You see, I've unstitched my fair share of monograms. When Riley was younger I got most of her dresses second-hand and monogrammed with another little girl's name or initials. I regularly bought them, unstitched the monogram, and had her name sewn right over it. And you really couldn't tell the difference. So that is what I had planned for the apron. The only problem was that when it came time to wrap the apron up, I couldn't find my stitch ripper. I was talking to my sister Annie on the phone while I looked for it and she jokingly suggested that I just put a piece of duct tape over the "Jimmy T" and write Ricky's name on it with a Sharpie. We laughed about it and that's exactly what I did. It was funny on Christmas morning and I promised Ricky that I would fix the monogram. He liked the apron and wore it anyway. So now "Jimmy T" is like his cooking alter-ego and we have a good laugh every time he puts on the apron.

Comments

annie said…
That sister of yours sound HI-larious!