3-17-13

{Happy Saint Patrick's Day!}

It's been a fun weekend. Seeing Trent so excited about Prom was a highlight. And Stake Conference was another. Our Stake consists of eight wards. I can stand in various windows in my house and see every single house in our Stake. There are lots and lots of Mormons clustered in this little neighborhood of ours. We love that. Stake Conference is broadcast via closed satellite feed from the Stake Center to two other buildings. (Both of which are within a couple minutes walk of each other.) Anyway, Stake Conference gets pretty crowded and the members are strongly discouraged from saving seats. Imagine how silly we felt this morning when we got to the Stake Center and found the first two rows reserved for the families of the Stake Presidency. It was just a little awkward walking in past all of the people who had been in their seats for a half hour or more and settling into our seats in the front row. I don't know... 

Anyway, the meeting was inspiring and I thought Ricky did so well on his talk. (But no bias here.) He wasn't given a subject to speak on so after lots of praying and pondering over the last few weeks he settled on Missionary Work, emphasizing to the youth the importance of preparing now to serve. His talk was preceded by talks from two Sisters who have their mission calls and are preparing to enter the MTC in the next couple of months. One of the girls is going to the Florida Tampa Mission and I love her. She just makes me happy. The people in Florida are going to LOVE her! :) 

While we were tidying up our area after Stake Conference was over I pulled the "Reserved" signs off the benches and brought them home to stake out mine and Ricky's spots at the dinner table. I think I'm funny. By the way, a cool whip cake that I tinted green and a green sweater and tie here and there were as festive as we got today. :)

Comments