8-24-13

{Run Elevated}

When we found out last spring that Sandy City was organizing their first half marathon, Ricky and I decided that we definitely wanted to give it a try. We had been running for a while and committed to each other to step up our training to reach 13.1 miles. Riley was excited about it, too and we trained all summer to be ready for today.

Here we are at the starting line. It was very early and very cold...
Ricky is freezing and Riley has her first taste of "that GOOEY stuff"...
The morning was absolutely beautiful. We had the best time just running and talking together. I had loaded up my iphone with music that I was sure would motivate me but I didn't even turn it on until mile 7. We were having too much fun being together and soaking in the beauty of Little Cottonwood Canyon...

We kept telling Riley to run ahead of us because we knew she could go much faster than we were running. She finally did run ahead at mile 10 and ended up finishing 5th in the 15-19 year-old age group...

Ricky and I definitely weren't some of the fastest runners, but we finished the race better than we had hoped...
Riley resting at the end and looking up at the canyon she had just conquered...

Comments