Our Happy Easter

I wanted to share a little bit about Easter. Well, the Easter Bunny came. We weren't sure if he (is it a guy?) would because before bed some of the kids made a little mess with that nice plastic Easter "grass." We told them if they didn't clean it up then Opa was going to meet the Easter Bunny at the door and tell him he could give our goodies to the neighbors. But, they quickly cleaned up and Easter morning was a happy one, after all.

Gavin experienced his first Kinder Egg:


And his first chocolate Easter Bunny. WARNING: Don't enlarge this picture. He has some nasal drainage (AKA: snot) and like his PJ shirt says, it's a little scary.


We dyed eggs Saturday night. Dying eggs is really fun with bigger kids. They came up with some real beauties. I used every one of these in the potato salad and devilled eggs I made for Easter dinner. Every one, that is except for the three that Brant just had to keep. He said they were just too special to him for me to crack open and wash the peel down the garbage disposal. They are still in the fridge a week later. Eggs, anyone?

After church, Opa waited outside on the porch with the kids to watch for the Vasses to come over. Mimi, Ricky and I stayed inside getting everything ready. Here are my beautiful children. At least the ones who would get in the picture. Oh well, 3 out of 5 isn't bad. 60% - that's passing, right?

The Vasses came and we had a delicious Easter Dinner. After dinner, Uncle Rich, Ashli, Andrew and Chris hid over 300 eggs in the yard. After the hunt was over, I finally got a picture of Lance.
I love that Easter was on Sunday this year. (Just kidding...I know it's on Sunday every year.) Seriously, though, there are so many traditional Easter things we do that don't really have much to do with the reason we celebrate Easter. I am glad that we are able to go to church and forget about the candy and eggs for a while. I hope that as parents, Ricky and I did a good enough job of helping our children remember why we celebrate this important holiday. If not, then kids, when you read the blog, after you look at the pictures, take a few minutes to think about Jesus Christ, your Savior and Redeemer. I know that He is the source of all that is good in our lives. He came to Earth so that He could pay the price for all the mistakes that we have made and will make in this life. He did this knowingly and willingly. He loves us that much. And, on the third day after He was crucified, I know that He rose again, a resurrected being. Because of this, everyone that comes to this Earth will live again. He made it possible for us to live together as a family forever. And for us to see and live again with those we love who have died. For this I am grateful. I love Him and I know that He loves me and that He loves you.




Comments

annie said…
Well you can add two more to Lance's list of things he will be talking to a therapist about one day. #1 He wasn't allowed to be in any family pictures. #2 He didn't even have his own Easter basket. He had to use his Trick-or-Treat bag to hunt eggs. Poor kid.