This Meeting Of The Giggly Girls Club Will Now Come To Order

Sometime during the school year, Riley and five other girls in her class organized themselves into a club they call the Giggly Girls. Besides being inseparable at school, they get together about once a month at one of their houses to watch a movie or just play. Yesterday it was our turn to host the giggly fun. Here they are eating their snack: (Andrien, McCall, Bethany, Riley, Rilee, and Niccolina) Riley and I thought it would be fun for them to make a craft using my vinyl-cutting machine. We decided to let them each make a wooden sign to hang in their rooms. Here are the three that were still here when I remembered to take a picture. They turned out cute, huh? Afterwards I got to be thinking what a fun idea it would be for a birthday party. It really was super easy. I went to Home Depot and bought a 1"x8"x6' and cut the wood into 1 foot sections. Then I drilled the holes for the ribbon. When the girls got here, I let them choose their paint, vinyl and ribbon color and tell me what word or words they wanted on their sign. Most of the girls did their name or nickname. A couple of them wanted "BFF" (?) and another girl who shares a room with her sister put "Sisters" on her sign. Then they sanded their board down and painted it while I cut out their words. When the paint was dry, they applied their letters to their board, strung the ribbon through, and there ya have it: 6 happy girls.

Comments

Andrea said…
How Fun is that! Too Cute! Love the name too.
Sherian said…
That sounds like so much fun...You are so amazing and creative!
annie said…
Hi! My name is Lynne and I am the president of the Nerdy, Over-Achieving Moms Association.
Lynne said…
No, Annie, I'm pretty sure you hold that title. When they said a years supply, they didn't mean buy it all at Wal-mart in one day and then cook all the meals up in nice neat casserole dishes so you can pop them in the oven at a moments notice when someone needs a meal brought in or when the missionaries stop by at dinnertime or when you run out of time because someone is late picking up their kid from Annie's free babysitting service.
Megan said…
You are the hippest mom ever! I want to have a girls night out and we will just head over to your house.
Ann said…
I was able to sit next to Mimi in Sunday School today, and in front of her and the Emmertsons in Sacrament. Mimi mentioned Annie and Lynne's comments to one another. I had to come in and see them...I know that the both of you are wonderful examples of Motherhood to your children. It is these little things that your children will remember about you! God bless both of you!

Ann B.
Mel said…
You are amazing. What a great example of on awesome mom.
Stacy said…
Congrats on the new calling! Are you over enrichment? You would be perfect with your vinyl machine.
Ann said…
BFF, Best Friends Forever. Very cute idea, makes me want girls, I wonder if the cubs would do a craft like that, maybe if they could make signs about Super Smash Brother Brawl, I am starting to hate the Wii.