40 Weeks 'til Summer Vacation!

Yes, I admit - I'm a total summertime mom. I love, love, love the lazy days of summer. I love having the kids home all day, staying up late, leisurely breakfasts. I love having the top off the Jeep and taking late-night trips to Artic Circle. Sleepovers, visits from cousins, feeling like I have enough time every day to spend one on one time with each of them........

But, alas, the start of school seems to come earlier and earlier every year. Riley and Brant are excited about this school year. Riley's a big 5th grader now and Brant's in 2nd. Riley got our favorite teacher in the school - Mr. Fretwell. He is in our ward and we hoped all summer that she would get lucky and get put in his class and sure enough, she did. She is also excited to have her best friend, McCall in her class as well as several of her friends from her class last year. Brant is starting the Spanish Immersion program so he has Senora Duran. He is a little nervous because he has heard there is alot of homework in the class, but he is up to it, and I'm sure he will do just great.

Several of the kids on the street gathered on the Francis' porch for pictures before walking to school on the first day.

I love this picture of them walking. They were all so excited and in good spirits. I love that we live close enough to the school that they can walk. And that they have so many friends to walk with.

When we got to school it was business as usual - almost as if summer had never happened. Riley quickly found McCall and Bethany. There were kids running everywhere and parents with strollers gathered together talking and laughing. What are the parents so giddy about?


We found Brant's line and waited for his teacher to come out and get the class. I can't help but wonder what this school year will bring for him. Last year was such an amazing year. I wonder if he will progress as much this year as he begins to learn a new language. I love this little guy so much. Looking at his face in this picture just melts my heart. He looks a little nervous, but if you know Brant, you know that he is willing to try anything and usually is crazy good at whatever he tries. Good luck to ya this year, little man! As I walked away from the school I was feeling a little melancholy about leaving them behind, but I know it's good for them. Then I got home to find Lance and Gavin waiting for me and I realized I'll have plenty to occupy my time.

40 weeks 'til summer and counting..........

Comments

Hello, OF COURSE I remember you. I just got your comment and I'm now running out the door - but I clicked on your blog and now I'm dying laughing because GUESS WHAT?

Bethany is my niece ☺

Her mom is my husband's sister.