Riley's "Fifth Grade - Here I Come!" Fashion Show

Let me start by saying that I still miss school uniforms. They are so easy for moms and so predictable for kids. In fact, I can't mention uniforms without directing your attention to my sister's blog where you can check out a super-cute picture of her girls in their uniforms on the first day of school. Man, I miss that. When we went to E.R. Dickson Riley was so cute in her plaid skirt, white polo and white shoes. And the boys looked so neat and tidy in their khaki shorts and polos.

Anywhoo, times have changed for us and so has the dress code. Riley has spent the last few weeks planning her outfits and making lists of the clothes she still needs to complete her back to school wardrobe. I'm not kidding- she has way more style than I do. So, Monday was the day. Our first stop was Kid to Kid, the new children's consignment store in American Fork, where we found some sweet deals on some stylin' denim. Then it was on to Target and then to Justice. Justice is her personal favorite, but it's got to be marked WAY DOWN for us to buy it there. I know I'm cheap. Proud of it.

So, that evening, she treated us (and several little admiring boys on the street) to a fashion show while we sat out on the porch.

Take a look at a few of the cute outfits she put together:




Grandma was nice enough to come with us and patiently waited with the boys while Riley tried on EVERYTHING in her size at Kid to Kid. It was worth it, though. We found the denim skort, skirt, capris and jacket there. All for less than 15 bucks total.


I think she's ready.

Comments

Susan said…
Wow Riley, you sure do have a GREAT sense of fashion! You look very pretty and very much like a fifth grader! Have a wonderful year!
Laurie said…
Riley, you know I think you are completely and totaly ADORABLE! I am your number one fan. Truly you would look cute in a paper sack! But these finds look perfect for you. Sorry I missed the fashion show. :)
Maureen said…
Your kids look so great. Riley looks practically like a teenager. Hope they all have a good school year.
Andrea said…
You look great Riley! I love your fashion show pictures. I hope you have a great 5th grade year!
annie said…
F-A-N-C-Y! Riley, of course, looks fabulous. But, the best part about it all is when she hands them down. I can't even read the word "Justice" without hearing Riley and Taylor scream about that store together.
OK, so I snooped from the devries & miller blogs...I love such BIG SPENDERS! I can't believe Riley is in 5th grade!! Just seems like yesterday she showed up in my classroom and I was to have a baby the very next day! Loved having her, and seeing her grow up on your blog! How's the RS calling?
Jeanie
Ann said…
Oh, my lands...Riley you are growing up! You look so much like a model in some of those pictures. Megan says I have no sense of style...lol, but I know a cutie when I see one!!

Ann B