Seven Peaks

As we try to soak in the last few days of a summer vacation that has passed by much too fast, Ricky took the day off and we spent the day at Seven Peaks water park. I made the kids (Jack came, too) pose for a picture before they ran off to play. You might recall from my post on Lance's Birthday that he HATES to get his picture taken. I don't know why. I'm sure it's some little four-year-old control issue that he has. I promise he had a good time. That's Ricky in the background waiting for me to put the camera down so I can help him set up the canopy.I snuck up on Lance and got this picture of him enjoying himself in the "kneeling down pool." This is his favorite part of Seven Peaks. He calls it that, of course, because he can kneel down in it.Here are Riley and Brant getting ready to try out the wave pool. Brant's favorite part was the lazy river. Riley enjoyed all of the water slides. She and I got to ride several together while Ricky watched Gavin and Lance in the "kneeling down pool." Lance was even brave enough to let her take him on few. Here they are on their way to get in line.Trent and Jack were trying to get up the courage to go on the "Wedgie Slide." Ricky said, "C'mon, guys, I will if you will." Well, that's all it took. Take a look:


Here are Ricky and Riley on another slide that I can't remember the name of:
Taking a break:
I brought a cooler full of food and I was sure we would have plenty to last us all day. I guess I forgot how hungry the kids can get when they play in the sun all day. We were out of food before dinner-time. So, Ricky went for Pizza.
Gavin and I spent alot of time just playing under the canopy. We had it set up near the edge of the wave pool. He loved playing around in the floats and running back and forth to the water. Many of you know that Gavin is the spittin' image of Trent as a baby. I love this picture because I have one just like it of Trent at this age playing in the waves in Gulf Shores. Maybe I'll dig it out and post it.Here are a few more pictures. I don't really LIKE posting pictures of myself, especially in a bathing suit. But, I suppose that in a few years I'll look back and be glad I did. For now, though, YIKES!

Tired, but happy kids. As for Lance, yep, he's mad about the picture.

Comments

Andrea said…
Those pictures are too cute! We went to Waterville a couple of weeks ago and of course, I forgot the camera, but we did have a great time. Your waterpark seems a lot better---you can bring in coolers and food!
violyn said…
Looks like so much fun. Love all the pictures of you family.
Laurie said…
What awesome pictures. Even of Lance (shhh, don't tell him said that). Loved loved the one of Gavin on the clear inner tube, just chillin. Thank you Mr Kodak! Can you imagine if we didn't have cameras. And a BIG thanks for taking Jack. He had THE BEST time and he loves you all, y'all.