Happy Birthday, Lance!

Wow! Has it really been four years since this little cutie-pie came to our family? Happy Birthday, Little Man. Four years ago today, you were welcomed to earth by a very excited group of friends and family. You have filled our lives with joy and lots and lots of laughter ever since.

Here are a few of our favorite things about you:

You are FUNNY, you love yellow, you love doing things for other people, you know exactly what you want and when things don't turn out the way you wanted them to - well- we tolerate that part, you love Bajio burritos, oreos and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, we tolerate that you hate getting your picture taken, and we love that you wake up in the morning and put on your bathing suit and only change when we are going somewhere and you are promised that you can put it back on the second we get home.

Yesterday while we were getting ready for church, you went out to the porch and picked me some flowers. I love the look you get on your face when you know you have done something nice. Thanks, Annie, for taking this picture.
Here are a few pictures from your birthday:

You were woken up by your brothers, sister and cousins singing "Happy Birthday."

Trent got you a card that makes noise when you open it:Trent also gave you some new swim trunks. Too bad the size 2T were too big. We should've gone with size 18-24 months.You wanted to go to Draper Pool so that's what we did: Here you are relaxing by the pool on your Speed-Racer towel given to you by Payton and Brant. Your favroite part about being at the pool was watching Daddy dive off the high dive.
Of course, you chose a Bajio Burrito Classica for your birthday dinner.After Bajio, we came home to celebrate with cake and ice-cream sandwiches. Oh, and a few more presents.
You were so excited when you opened the golf club from Mimi and Opa. It is just your size.You also loved your Diego Scooter, Rubiks cube, Speed Racer RC car, jar of your favorite candy, Spider-Man bubble bath, but the most-anticipated present of the night was your very own Slip and Slide. Wow...it's just like Zackie's.You opened it immediately and tried it out in the Living Room.Happy Birthday, Buddy, we love you.

Comments

Susan said…
I love, love, love this post. Is he really four?? I showed the pictures to Kendal and she didn’t believe that was really Lance! I guess last time we saw him he was just a baby. I also love the new photo at the top of your blog. What a good looking family! I have to admit – seeing all the kids – looking so happy – brought a tear to my eye! Thanks for sharing=)
Andrea said…
I love your new family photo at the top too. And I've just got to say Lance is one of the cutest boys I've ever seen. He is adorable! I can't believe he is 4! WOW--time does fly. Although, I admit.. I keep telling myself that Cecily is 5 even though she reminds me often that she is 7! Happy, Happy Birthday Lance!
Stacy said…
Happy Birthday Lance! You forgot my favorite thing about him . . . He can do a somersault without getting off his carpet square.
Ann said…
Happy Birthday Lance!! I, too, love the new family picture.

Ann B
Jenny said…
You are too cute. Did Lance eat that whole burrito?
Ann said…
Thanks for sharing Lance's birthday. It looks like y'all are having a blast with all the cousins. I really like the new family picture you added at the top too.

It is good to keep in touch. I can't believe Lance is 4 either!

Ann J.