Happy First Day of Fall, Y'all!

So sad to have to say good-bye to Summer, but can't help but love Fall. To celebrate this first day of Fall, I'm sharing the recipe for these delicious little morsels:

This is actually my mom's recipe, but I'm sure she won't mind.

Ginger Snaps

3/4 cup margerine or shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1 t cinnamon
1 t ground cloves
1 t ground ginger
2 cups all purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt

Mix all the ingredients together at one time. Form into balls. Roll in sugar. Place wide apart on slightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

We made a double batch last night. There were plenty for us and an abundance to share with the neighbors.


Eight days until the Halloween decorations go up....so excited...........

Comments

Jim and Merry said…
Yum, Yum! Save some for Mimi! Gotta love the gingersnaps!
annie said…
You made me cry. I miss ya'll and I want a gingersnap. Too bad they don't make gingersnap atkins bars. It is still hot here so come here and you can have a longer summer. How about tomorrow?
DeVries Family said…
I love the Y'ALL!! That is so cute! You haven't lost your "Southern Girl" accent...I love to listen to you and Ricky talk to eachother, it is so sweet. Thanks for the recipe..we'll try it today! We enjoy hangin out with your family for Saturday football games! You are the best! Thanks for sharing Brandt with us...he's such a good kid (and an awesome football player!)
Kliss said…
I can vouch for the cookies, they were so yummy. Yet another reason why I am glad you are my neighbor. And you saved me the trouble of asking for the recipe. Thanks!
Kelli said…
I tried making your cookies last night and they were delicious!! Great recipe!