Quiet Blog. Loud Life.

That's what we're doing around here. We're living out loud.

Last week was crazy-busy and this week is shaping up to be, but I wanted to take a few minutes and throw a few things up on the blog. Well, not literally "throw-up", but you get the idea. Actually, we've had some of that, too. Not the sick kind, though. OK - I'll start with that.

So, last week I kindof sensed that Brant needed a little extra something in the attention department, so we planned a date for Saturday. We talked about all the different things we could do, and what he REALLY wanted to do was to go see the movie "Forever Strong"???? (is that the name of it?) about the rugby player. But we found out it was PG-13 so I offered...another movie, rock climbing, go carts? No..he wanted to go to Cabela's to buy another pocket knife and then to IKEA to get meatballs. (How lucky are we to have those 2 stores just a couple Interstate exits from eachother?) Anyway...Cabela's was fun and crowded, IKEA was funner (I know that's not a word, Annie.) and more crowded. We made our way to the Cafe and Brant ordered the adult plate of 15 Swedish Meatballs. (He's on his own with that, because I don't eat meatballs.) He assured me that he was hungry enough to eat them all and sure enough, he was. He also ate two rolls and the side of mashed potatoes. On the way out of the store we stopped to get chocolate for the kiddos at home and he talked me into buying him his own KING SIZE bar which he ate on the way home.

So, we get home and he jumps around the living room for a few hours while we watch Alabama beat Mississippi State. (Sorry, Parkes Family, I mean Bishop Parkes - hee hee) Then, he goes to bed. A few hours later, you guessed it, I got to clean those meatballs out of his bed. NICE!

In other news, we've been keeping a family gratitude journal. I decided to write my to-do list in it so that I could make a visual connection between being busy and being blessed. One of the things I am most grateful for is that we live in a place where we can accomplish almost all of our responsibilities and obligations as a family without even leaving the neighborhood. The only exceptions are: Ricky's work (10 minutes away), Trent's school (5 minutes away), the grocery store (only every other week) and the Temple (need to go more). This makes it possible for us to eat dinner together every night before each person takes off to their meeting, practice, activity, etc. That is huge and something for which I am very grateful.
Trent has been busy with school. He was moved up to Concert Band after only one quarter with his Trombone and he made all A's the first quarter. He also finished 3 Merit Badges this week and he and Riley took part in our Stake Storytelling Festival. Riley is playing basketball and also made all A's, as did Brant who works hard every night learning Spanish.

Here are a few pictures from the Storytelling Festival. Our kids took part in acting out Max Lucado's "You are Special."

Here's the whole cast. They really did an amazing job.Brant and his buddies played football "backstage" to pass the time. Trent, Jack, and Kortney M. A few more little cuties from the cast. Such talented kids. Love them.Mimi came with us Friday night to see all of the performances. All of the groups were great.

That's a little bit of what we've been up to. I'd write more, but I think that's enough for now.

Comments

annie said…
All you have to say is IKEA meatballs and I already have a little throw up in my mouth. But I sure could go for some Swedish Chocolate right now (hint, hint).
The Dragonfly said…
I'd love to hear more about the story telling festival. Was it for primary, youth and adults? Their make up was great. We need to do this here! More info please!