Today

Today...I blog-stalked one of my favorite celebrity bloggers, found her "today list", and began to think about my own.

Today...I spent an hour with 35 fifth-graders who are uncontrollably excited for the end of school.

Today...We took our car to get a once-over/tune-up in preparation for the road-trip we will take in 8 days.

Today...I am excited that in 10 days I will be sitting in my sister's living room in Alabama watching our kids show the excitement that they will no longer need to contain after not seeing each other for almost one year.

Today...it seemed like there were one thousand or more first-graders (and their favorite teddy bear) at the park across the street from the school. My little boys and I played for a few minutes before we decided it was too crowded and it would be way more fun to go play at the playground in Arctic Circle.

Today...I will not eat any Ice Cream at Arctic Circle after the Gelato I had last night at Harmon's while out for a "Girl's Night" with my best girlfriends.

Today...I am thankful for friends.

Today...I ran into one such friend and still find it amazing that she knows what's going on in my crazy head before I even say it. She lifts me and inspires me more than she knows.

Today...The missionaries in the basement were especially loud. One glance at the driveway revealed that there were at least 4 more down there than actually live here. I wonder who won the game of pool I heard them playing...

Today...Brant will show us his moves at the Spanish Dance Festival. I can't wait to see it. There will even be a Mariachi Band!

Today...Gavin stole Lance's Spider-Man costume and Brant's huge Teddy Bear. Don't mess with this boy - he's two...


Today...my Nanny, Catherine Anne Harrison Cowart, would have been 79-years-old. She would've loved Gavin.

Today...I hope Kris wins American Idol...

Comments

annie said…
I am so copying this. We are counting down days. You might want to bring the spiderman costume with you or when we play dress-up, Gavin might be stuck with a leotard or a Carebear outfit.