Happy Father's Day, Baby...

On this day we celebrate fathers...

I give thanks for the fathers in my life. My own father, the father who raised my husband, the fathers of my nieces and nephews, the fathers of my children's friends, the fathers that my sons will someday become, the father with whom I have the blessing of raising children, and my Father in Heaven.

Thursday when we picked Ricky up from the airport, we decided I would drive home so he could sit in the back with the kids. I noticed that, typical of the way he rolls, within just a couple of minutes he connected on a personal level with each of our children. He touched them, looked at them, and asked each of them a question that was unique to them. I don't think he planned or rehearsed it, that's just the kind of Daddy he is.

Comments