My Dream House...

952 Wildwood Avenue
This house was perfect for our little family. Not too big and not too little. It has the cheeriest yellow kitchen with dark red split-brick floors. The family room has matching french doors on either side of the fire place that open to a back porch that extends along the full length of the house. We watched Hurricane Katrina from that back porch. Our wooden swing set sat happily beneath the magnolia tree in the backyard. At the top of the stairs is a cozy little reading nook where the kids would sit to read or look out the window over the front door. The window to the left of the front door looks into the front room where I taught piano lessons. That room has the best accoustics. The vaulted ceiling carries the sounds from the piano so clearly it sounds as if you are in a concert hall. The window to the right of the front door is the master bedroom window. Nothing fancy - just big enough for a queen-size bed, an armoire, and a rocking chair. We spent hours rocking our babies in that room. Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms and a bathroom which upon moving in we promptly painted yellow.

I remember when we bought that house I thought it was the perfect house - our dream house. We loved living there and when the time came for us to sell it in preparation for our move to the west, we sold it quickly for an amount we were happy with.

I would be untruthful and ungrateful if I said we don't love our house in Utah. We do. It has been a blessing to us and a place where we have found much joy. But I still catch my breath when I think about our little house on Wildwood Avenue in Mobile. The house of many dreams and happy memories.

Comments

Scrappinwendi said…
I love your old house. Where abouts is Wildwood Ave? I dont think I could look at my old house in Mobile right now because it would cause my little heart to break.
You have to love southern homes and hospitality, southern cookin', southern summer nights, and southern memories. Of course, I luv ALL the trees too!!