Of Landmarks and Love...

This is the USS Alabama. A famous landmark in Mobile. It sits on the Western shore of the Mobile Bay. I took this picture today from the bayway as we made our way to the Eastern Shore Center. When I was a little girl, we lived in Fort Rucker, AL. Frequently we would drive the four hours from Ft. Rucker to Mobile to visit our Grandparents. I learned to love the sight of this Battleship because when it came into view, that meant we were very close to our destination.



I find myself missing my husband tonight. More than usual. He has created a blog for me. Just for me. It is private and there is only one invited reader. Me. He writes things he would like to say to me (other than what we talk about in our daily and nightly chats), sweet thoughts about how he misses me and the kids. He posts pictures of our growing garden, strawberries he has picked, his poor smashed thumb, work he has done in the yard...



When we were dating we would go to the Battleship to make out. I don't know why we did that. We just did. I thought I loved him then. I know I love him now.



One week from tomorrow he'll be back for a visit. We are going to spend some time in Point Clear together. Alone. Just us. It's going to be nice...



And we'll find a restaurant like the one in the background of this picture and we'll throw back some raw oysters (maybe) and other seafood we love.




Then we'll spend Father's Day weekend together with the kids enjoying our time with our extended family here in Alabama. These are the days......we'll remember..... (That's a song)

These pictures were taken today at the Eastern Shore Center. Look at Lance trying to be all serious as he walks through the splashing water. Isn't he funny?

Comments

Ricky said…
Thanks for the great posts. Michelle just came in my office as she was making her rounds opening up the office and said she had the paperwork for our friends and family rate at the Marriott. Love ya.
Laurie said…
This is Jack speaking:
(This is an inside joke for Trent) It's getting pretty boring around here without the "no comment" from my friend Trent. Please come back! NOW!

P.S. All the other friends want you back too.

See ya, Debo
Laurie said…
I miss my friend too. I'd say come back, but I will share you with Alabama for a while. Then get your little butt back here!
violyn said…
Looks like you guys are having tons of fun. So glad you could go back and visit. Counting down the days til you come back. We miss not seeing you, but are glas you are having quality time with family. After all...family is EVERYTHING! Have fun!
DeVries Family said…
You two are so mushy...jealous.