For Mom...

Sometimes in the course of visiting with people who are dear to me, I am humbled by the significance of the experience. As I watched this scene unfold today I wanted to reverently observe and just let my heart take the picture. I only brought out the camera because I knew my mother would appreciate the visual.
As the sun grew hotter and the air grew stickier, Annie and I returned to the comfort of Grandma's air-conditioned house. The girls played "Statues" in the backyard while Grandma kept watch by the door quietly commenting on how beautiful she thinks the girls are. Lance and Hayden alternately went in and out, in and out. She patiently opened the door for them each time. I remarked about the heat. She calmly told me it doesn't bother her. She likes it much better than cold.

Comments