N.A.S. Pensacola

The Naval Air Station in Pensacola, FL is home to the National Naval Aviation Museum, the largest Naval Aviation museum in the world. This museum has long been one of our favorite places to visit. Trent even celebrated his 8th birthday there. We wanted to wait to visit the museum until Ricky was able to come with us so Thursday we headed over with the Emmertsons.

On the upper-level of the museum, there is a replica of a World War II-era town, complete with Main Street and a little house that you can walk through. I love the kitchen in the house. I took this picture of the kitchen so I could hang it in my own kitchen. I love to look at it and think about how my grandmothers must have used some of these same things in their kitchens to make some of the same recipes I use today. It reminds me to simplify.


The most popular part of the museum for the kids is the part where they get to climb in and pretend to fly real airplanes and helicopters. We always save this part for last because they will stay there for as long as we will let them.

If you live in the Gulf Coast area you should try this place out. Admission is free, it has A/C and you won't be disappointed.

Comments