Anticipation

We want/need a new TV. The one we have is a generous hand-me-down from my parents. To give you an idea of how old it is, I picked it up for them from Circuit City right after we got our first Expedition way back in 2001. A few years ago, they gave it to us. We don't watch a ton of TV TV at our house. Mostly just movies, and Santa brought our kids their very first video gaming system this year. (I know, we've finally entered the world of the living.) Santa sure was nice to bring something that was so easy to pack in a bin!

Anyway, Ricky and I have shopped around and have seen the price of TVs dropping so we decided that we would see how much money we had left after our trip and we'd keep our eyes out for a good deal after the New Year.

Wednesday I went to Sam's Club for groceries and Ricky met me there during his lunch hour. We were browsing the clearance section (like I always do) and they had several TVs there that were discontinued or returned. We found a nice discontinued model that was marked down to our price range and we snatched it up!

The kids had no idea we were doing this, so Ricky asked me if I would wait until he got home to show it to them. When I wouldn't let them help me unload the groceries, they knew something was up. So we waited until 5:30...

Waiting...

Kindof a fun after-Christmas present...

See that clean sidewalk and driveway in the background? That's what it looked like when we got home from Alabama. Yeah, our neighbors pretty much rock.

Comments