Bedtime

Every night after family prayer Lance goes to his room, picks out a story, and waits for me to say goodnight to the others. Then, while Ricky reads to Gavin, Lance and I get to spend some time together reading. Sometimes I read to him and other times he reads to me. Tonight, this is how I found him. This picture isn't staged. This is exactly how he was waiting for me. I love this picture because it shows so much about Lance's cute little personality right now. As anyone who sees Lance everyday knows, he loves to wear anything Alabama. He got this cuddly elephant for Christmas. {after Ricky put the smackdown on an IKEA employee who didn't want to sell him the last one...} Lance's cousin Hayden has a matching one and Lance immediately named his "Little Al". {Big Al is Alabama's mascot.} Little Al stole one of Gavin's Alabama shirts and wears Lance's PJ bottoms to bed every night. Lance loves Doreen Cronin books right now. "Click Clack Moo, Cows That Type", "Duck For President", etc. And...he needs a haircut...

Comments