Pizza Night

Brant is having a couple of friends over tonight for a pizza party. You can thank me later for sharing this EASY crowd-pleaser recipe. I made one batch of pizza dough in my bread maker for the actual pizza. Then I made another batch for the cheesy breadsticks. My older sister Stacey taught me how to do this and we have been loving it ever since.

You will need one batch of pizza dough and 12 pieces of string cheese. (Using light string cheese does not work.) When the dough is ready lay it out on a lightly floured or greased surface. (I use PAM.) Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 24 even pieces. Unwrap the string cheese and cut each piece in half so each piece is about 2 inches long. Wrap one piece of dough around one piece of string cheese, sealing the dough well around the cheese. Lay the dough with the seam down on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees until the tops are golden brown. When they come out of the oven, I always brush them with butter and sprinkle them lightly with granulated garlic. Serve some kind of pizza or marinara sauce on the side and you've got yourself some happy kids...
Here's my pizza dough recipe. This recipe is the one my mom has been making for years and years. It works the same in a bread maker as it does in a KitchenAid or regular mixing bowl. If you are using a bread maker, add the ingredients in this order:

1 1/2 cups hot water
1 T. oil
1 t. salt
1/2 c. sugar
5 cups AP flour
1 T. yeast

Comments