Y'all can come visit us now...

When I was in Elementary School I loved reading the "Great Brain" series of books. The series was about a fictitious family living in Southern Utah in the late 1800s. In one of the books the family moved and it was described how they set up their new house. It was custom at that time for the neighbors to wait until there were curtains hung in the front parlor window before they "called on" the new family. Curtains in the front window apparently indicated that the house was ready for visitors. Well, after 4 1/2 years in our house, we are apparently finally ready for visitors. The curtains are hung in the front dining and living rooms. I don't know why it has taken so long. I guess it just hasn't been a priority until now. I'm not much of a decorator, but I knew that I would eventually hang white curtains in these rooms. I'm sure they're the wrong length, but for now I think they make the house look more homey and warm and right now, we can use all the warmth we can get!

Comments