Riley's Surprise

Since Riley's birthday is on Sunday this year, we decided that we would not have a party, just a nice family dinner after church. Well, her friends would have none of that and Lexi called me a couple of weeks ago and asked if it was OK if she threw a surprise party for Riley. Of course, I said it would be great and she and McCall got to work planning the party. What sweet friends Riley has! She had no idea and in order to make sure that she didn't accept any babysitting jobs I told her that her daddy and I wanted to take her out on a special date on the Friday night before her birthday. She chose the Cheesecake Factory. Here she is showing me how she was going to pose with her cheesecake so I could get my picture of the day. I told her we needed to stop by Lexi's on the way so Lexi could give her a gift.
Here is how the surprise went down. Her friends were so cute when they surprised her. The boys that Riley hangs out with had a scout camp out and weren't able to come, so it was a fun girl's night.

Here are Riley, Lexi, and Lexi's parents. They worked so hard to put this party together. Lexi's mom is a super-talented crafter. She made these adorable popcorn cupcakes. Cute, huh?
Riley loved the surprise. She said that was what she would remember the most about her birthday. She is a lucky girl to have such sweet friends.

Comments