"That closet has shelves?"

Sadly, that's the question Lance asked me when he saw what I did to the upstairs linen closet. I was recently talking to a friend who is in the middle of a move. She was talking about cleaning out and packing up. I started to think how nice it would be to do that and decided that all I needed to do was approach an area with the thought of moving... only keep what I would pack into a box and move into a new house. This closet was packed full with extra blankets, sheets, and towels that we didn't use. I filled a huge box with linens for DI and only kept what we absolutely had to have. Quilts on the top. Summertime sheets on the next shelf. (We are still in flannel sheets season here.) I also kept an extra set of queen sheets for the pull-out bed and two sets of twin sheets for the air mattresses. Next there are beach/pool towels which I CAN NOT wait to use and a few bath towels. Most of our towels are kept in the bathrooms. On the bottom shelf are all of the extra pillowcases, washcloths, and a couple of throws. The best part is that we now have an extra hiding place for hide and seek in the bottom of the closet!

Comments