3-31-11

Happy Birthday to Trent! 15 years ago today he made his grand entrance into the world in the form of a cool 9 lb. 9 oz. baby with darkish skin and black hair. And, even now, sometimes I feel like I am still dreaming that he is mine. If you know him, you know what I am talking about. He is perfect to us in so many ways. So, here's a list of some of his many awesome qualities... He is dedicated - an excellent student, committed to playing football at Westlake next year (On B-days he wakes up at 5:15am to work out for three hours with the team and on A-days he practices after school with the track team.), and an Eagle Scout. He is a worthy holder of the Priesthood. He serves others willingly. He is good to his friends. He has a clear vision of what he wants his future to look like. He is kind and loving to his family members, especially Riley and me. He is funny and knows when it is appropriate to crack a joke or be sarcastic and when it is not. Most of all, he is pleasant to be around and a true blessing to our family.

For his birthday, Ricky and I wanted to do something fun in his room. We decided to paint a mural of the Alabama state flag on his wall. Ricky took the morning off and we (plus Gavin) got to work. I'll post finished pictures soon. He also got an iphone 4. Now I have iphone envy, but I'm so happy for him that he has one. He really deserves it and he knows that if he misuses it, well, I guess it will be mine. :)


Comments