7-29-11

Today was all about the water. The Kohlers, Stouts, and Grimleys generously volunteered their boats and the youth spent the entire day on Deer Creek Reservoir riding, tubing, knee boarding, wake boarding, and jet-skiing. Oh, and eating. This morning after everyone left, Ricky met me at the cabin where we prepared lunch. We wanted to prepare something for them to eat at the lake besides a sack lunch so we had a tailgate party! Complete with BBQ pulled pork, home-made cole slaw (which I left in the fridge at the cabin so we had it for dinner), chips, watermelon, and Texas sheet cake brownies. After lunch, Ricky and I took a turn out on the boat where I took a few (hundred) pictures....The Grimley boat departs...I got to be first on the tube...
Karlee and Koryssa...
Remember the part about the leaders having more fun? Well, I'm pretty sure that was the case on the water, too. Here are Amber Kohler, Jilynn Grimley, and Holly Hite...
We rode with Captain Jeff on the Kohler boat...
After a while we caught up with Captain Lex and the Grimley boat...
Trent chillin' with Kortney, Stephanie and Courtney...
Jack wake boards...
Jayden on the knee board...
Ricky on the knee board...
Leah, Hannah, Alicen, Dana, and Dev...
Bro. Draper and Jayden...
Koryssa on the wake board...
Hannah and Cody...
For dinner we had a fish fry. We also fried chicken, fries, sweet potato fries, pickles, and hush puppies. The cole slaw from lunch was perfect for dinner. I didn't take any pictures of the fish fry because I was kindof busy, but Jilynn did. When she gives them to me I will post them.

Later we had another fireside and testimony meeting. I can't say enough about how great these kids are. I love every one of them like my own. Well, almost as much as my own, who I tried my best to let have his space so he could have fun without worrying about MOM being around all the time. I didn't even go tuck him in at night or remind him to brush his teeth. Yeah, I'm cool like that. Here are Trevor, Dana, Alicen, Karlee, Koryssa, the fabulous Trent Benham, Kortney, Jack, and Jayden...
And Stephanie, Courtney, and Bro. Draper...
I wish I had taken more pictures, but Jilyn has a ton and she is making a slide show, so wait for it...

I love all these cups lined up...
And I think Ricky took this picture of Jack and Seth coming down the stairs. I have no idea what they were doing, but I thought it was funny...

Comments