7-8-11

{Football Camp}

Trent has been at football camp all week. Luckily it is local so he gets to come home to sleep. Other than that, he is at camp from 8 in the morning until 10 at night. He is having a great time. Laurie (Jack's mom) and I helped serve dinner to the boys tonight. It was so cool to see the boys doing their "football thing". While I was setting up food in the kitchen, I looked out into the cafeteria where the boys were doing a team-building exercise. Trent was standing there talking to some kids so I decided to discreetly take a picture with my phone. He saw me and just turned and looked away. I put my phone away and got back to work. He's in high school now so I really need to try not to embarrass him.
My favorite part of the night was the prayer that was said on the food. I grew up playing high school sports in the Bible Belt. Before each game we recited The Lord's Prayer. Tonight one of the boys was called on to give the blessing on the food. He gave a prayer that was thoughtful and meaningful. One that could be heard in any LDS home or chapel. After the prayer when they all said, "Amen" in unison, I felt gratitude for the blessing of living here among these boys.

Comments