8-11-11

{Lance's Back to School date}

For his date, Lance didn't care about school clothes or supplies or shoes or anything else. All he wanted was to go to Bajio to eat his favorite chicken burrito. Every year it's the same. He doesn't want any new clothes. He'd rather stick with his usual Alabama t-shirt (he has like 10) and denim shorts or jeans. He has lots of other clothes...
...but he only likes to wear Alabama t-shirts. I told him that I really wanted him to have something new to wear, at least on the first day, so I would buy him a new pair of denim shorts and he would have to pick at least two new shirts. We started at Kohl's where we went straight to the boy's section and I told him to find two shirts that he would like to wear to school. He said, "Uh, Mom, I don't normally buy my shirts in this state!". He finally found a couple Tony Hawk shirts he liked and even decided that he would like to start wearing basketball shorts to school like Brant. Ok... at least there is some variety. I don't anticipate him touching any of the clothes hanging in his closet unless it's Sunday or picture day. I'm totally OK with it, though. Clothes are not something I really care to "fall on my sword" over. You know?

After the clothes, we went to the closest Bajio, which is in Orem, and he got his burrito...
Yay! We are ready for 2nd grade!

Comments