8-23-11

{First Day of School}

Brant and Lance turned for the obligatory "first day of school picture" just before walking behind the school to get in line. They said they didn't need me to come with them - they know the drill. Brant is in Sr. Smithee's and Sra. Luiz's 5th Grade Spanish class. Lance has Mrs. McPherson and Sra. Duran for his first year of Dual Spanish Immersion.

Here are the eighth-graders at the bus stop and a little pic I took of Riley after school...


And last but not least, here is Trent on his way to the bus for the first day of his Sophomore Year. Even though I back-dated this post, I waited like a month to post about this because really I don't know what to say, but I have to say something. Moms... time goes by so fast. I really wish it would stop right now. Right here. It doesn't seem like ten years have passed since I brought him to his first day in Mrs. Ryall's Kindergarten class. Looking at this picture makes me think about all of the firsts that he will experience this school year. In a few weeks (as soon as the Dr. clears him for contact again after his back injury), we will see him play in his first real high school football game. This year he will drive alone for the first time after he turns 16(!!!) in March. He may (or may not) take a girl out on a date for the first time. We're not going to rush that one. :) And, knowing Trent, he will definitely want to get his first job. We basically have 3 1/2 years left with this one before he becomes a grown-up. See? Time won't stop, and really, I wouldn't want it to. Trent is growing and becoming a person that Ricky and I are proud of. He makes us and the rest of the family HAPPY. A true blessing in our lives. Rock on, Trent...

Comments