10-14-11

{Cruisin' the Vegas strip with my teenage driver}


Trent was nice enough to miss school for a day and come with me to take the Presleys to the airport in Las Vegas. We left at 4am and had a good little drive, thanks to my mom and dad who let us borrow their brand new Subaru. It gets a little bit better gas mileage than the tank that I drive. We had a pretty uneventful trip except for the part where Joey got pulled over by highway patrol somewhere around Parowan. He was satisfied with one little speeding ticket considering that he had just slowed down after going much faster, we couldn't find the car's registration, Collin wasn't in a car seat, AND there was a loaded pistol in the car that none of us had a permit to carry. Yeah. We're smart people. Redneck, if you will. I could make an Auburn joke here, but anyway...

So we dropped them off and planned to head straight back to the UT when Trent asked if he could drive on the strip, just so he could say he had. He also really wanted to eat at the Margaritaville Cafe so we stopped in for a "Cheeseburger in Paradise"...
He drove like a champ on the strip and most of the way home. I took over in Mesquite so he wouldn't have to drive on the curvy mountain road in Arizona and gave him back the wheel in Cedar City. I even relaxed just a bit in the passenger seat at about the time we got to Provo. :) I think he's ready to help me drive to Alabama now.

Comments