1-18-12

Tonight I wanted to make something different for dinner using the ingredients I had on hand. I remembered a recipe that Annie makes using ground beef and tater tots so I called to ask her how to make it. The only problem is that my kids haven't loved it when they've eaten it in the past and I knew that we would have a serious revolt on our hands if they knew what I was cooking up. The only reason I thought I should try it on them again is that it's kindof a comfort food thing, it's cold outside, and I had some ideas about how I could make it more appetizing. When Lance came in to ask what I was making I told him that it was a new recipe I had gotten from Annie but I wouldn't tell him it was "tater tot casserole". So he asked to use my phone and this is the text conversation that resulted...

With a green salad and a fruit salad on the side, I'd say from the looks of it the kids didn't think it was half-bad...

Comments