2-14-12

{A sweet Valentine's Day surprise from my thoughtful Valentine}

I think this picture pretty much sums up Valentine's Day this year. It was a busy one. A party in the morning for my preschoolers and a party for 5th graders in the afternoon. And right in between I was surprised by a special UPS delivery of these beautiful roses. Ricky knows that my practical side thinks that flowers might be a slight waste of money. Not that I don't love them, I just think that there are better ways that we could spend the $$ that we could enjoy together. He pulled together some Coke Rewards that he had been saving and ordered these for me anyway. I was so happy and touched by his sweet gift. And I've always wondered what a dozen roses would look like after being shipped. Well, they arrived perfect and beautiful and made me feel so special on that busy day.

Each year, we involve the kids in our celebration of this special Day of Love. See, Ricky and I date pretty often so we like for the other 5 essential parts of our relationship (TRBL&G) to get to feel special, too. Ricky always takes Riley out on a special date and I get to party with the boys. On this night, however, to save gas we decided to all ride together to the District where we would part ways for dinner, then meet back up to ride home. When we got there, nobody really had a preference of where to eat, so the kids decided that we should just all eat together. We decided on the Wings place across from the movie theater (which, interestingly enough we have the exact same restaurant in our little town) and had a fun meal all together. By the end of the night, though, it was probably good that we traveled someplace where we didn't know anybody because we didn't make it out of there before Gavin lost his dinner all over the floor on the way to the bathroom. Nice. Just keepin' it real...

Comments